Home New Forums Confidence & Self-Love How often do you listen to your heart?

• How often do you listen to your heart?

Posted by Annasoul on February 11, 2022 at 10:35 pm

There are lots of different ways to hear our inner voice. Meditation, on walks, quiet moments in the car. Do you make time to listen? How often? When? Where? Let’s share and inspire one another. For me, I spend a lot of quiet time living alone. I try to leave some open spaces in the morning or in between activities to listen. How about you?

Sony replied 2 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies

helen

Administrator
    February 12, 2022 at 9:44 am

I don’t have much spare time on my hands so whenever I am doing a task that is boring or doesn’t require a lot of thought, such as doing the washing up, I use that time to breathe deeply and create some quiet space in my mind.

Annasoul

February 13, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Helen, thanks for sharing your practice. Sounds like the Buddhist practice of being mindful while chopping wood and carrying water. 🙂

HeidiC

February 15, 2022 at 5:24 pm

I find that my inner voice is most available when I’m doing busy work, (I agree with Helen) washing laundry, processing dishes, yard work, and even walking the dog. Its almost when my body is busy, my mind gets stiller and I’m better able to feel emotions and connections to the world around me.

Annasoul

February 17, 2022 at 6:25 am

Nice. 🙂

Sony

February 25, 2022 at 5:09 am

I try to meditate in the morning and take time to really listen to myself. I’ve been slipping with my practice of doing that every morning when I wake up, so this is a good reminder for me to keep it up. I like to sit in the backyard and pretend I am a tree, grounded and unable to leave. That helps make the space for thoughts to arise.