Home New Forums Balancing My Life How I balance my life

ashokgupta.tv@gmail.com

Administrator
    August 30, 2021 at 5:31 pm

I also find that making sure I set boundaries at the end of the day, otherwise according to parkinson’s law, time expands so as to fill up the time available for its completion! This has been edited

melisa@irisetv.com

Administrator
    August 30, 2021 at 7:51 pm

I live in Oregon USA where we have a lot going on disrupting our routines like fires and smoke, Covid and heat. And that’s really hard over long periods of time in creating balance. In fact, I’m finding flexibility is key to getting through because every day is impacted by weather or conditions differently. So for me, it’s important that I keep sparking my creative side, in a way that invites a very delightful inner child in me, to get adventurous and discover activities that enliven me, engage life force while also grounding me in lieu of routine. i.e., instead of walking outside, I turn on music and dance and sing to bring in my happy place.

melisa@irisetv.com

Administrator
    August 30, 2021 at 8:02 pm

I own, in all honesty, that when nothing feels predictable, and there’s lots going on around me that I can’t control, it’s really hard for me to give up my routine too. At first, I really struggled to find my footing and create balance because I took for granted my routine as my anchor, and yet there’s a requirement now to go so much deeper than that. So in addition to my inner practices, I am now learning to delight in smaller, simpler rituals like my morning coffee, and morning hug with my roommate. Every morning we ask, “How’d you sleep?” and “Did you dream.” We really pay attention to those questions and to each other when we say them now. We don’t take those moments for granted as just another thing we throw into our morning rush. The simpler things, become more juicy and alive because that’s what we have and what we know we can count on today.